Atlanta General & Bariatric Surgery Center is staffed by an expert team of doctors including Dr. Christopher J. Hart, Dr. William H. Johnson, Dr. Michael Williams and Dr. Brendon Curtis; who were selected for their individual expertise in caring for patients undergoing general and bariatric outpatient surgery. The center maintains a high nurse-to-patient ratio and all staff members are skilled in the latest surgical procedures and use of our state-of-the-art medical equipment.
Patient Bill of Rights
The staff of Atlanta General and Bariatric Surgery Center is dedicated to you, our patient. We are committed to providing the support you need and insuring that you receive the finest care throughout your surgical experience while you are in our facility.
You are entitled to receive the following:
- Considerate and respectful care.
- Information regarding the name of your physician, who has primary responsibility for coordinating your care, and the names and professional relationships of other physicians who will see you.
- Information from your physician regarding your illness, course of treatment, and prospects for recovery in terms you can understand.
- Comprehensive information regarding any proposed procedure which you need in order to give informed consent or to refuse the procedure. Except in emergencies, this information shall include a description of the procedure, the medically significant risks, alternative courses of treatment (or non-treatment) and the risks in each, and the name of the person who will carry out the procedure.
- Participate actively in decisions regarding your medical care.
- Full consideration of privacy and personal dignity. Case discussion, consultation, examination and treatment are confidential and will be conducted discreetly. You will have the right to know the identity of all persons involved in your care.
- Confidential treatment of all communications and records pertaining to your care and while under the care of Atlanta General and Bariatric Surgery.. Your written permission shall be obtained before your medical records can be made available to anyone not directly concerned with your care.
- A reasonable response to any reasonable request you ask for service.
- Refuse treatment or leave Atlanta General and Bariatric Surgery Center against medical advice and be told of the medical consequences of your refusal. Patients will not be allowed to leave Atlanta Bariatric Surgery Center under any circumstances following a procedure unless a responsible adult is available in the immediate post-op period and will drive you home.
- Be advised if Atlanta General and Bariatric Surgery Center or your personal physician proposes to engage in or perform human experimentation affecting your care or treatment, you have the right to refuse to participate in such research projects.
- Be informed by your physician, or a delegate of your physician, of your continuing care requirements following your discharge from Atlanta General and Bariatric Surgery Center.
- Examine and receive an explanation of your bill regardless of source of payment.
- Know which Atlanta General and Bariatric Surgery Center rules and policies apply to your conduct as a patient.
- Have all patient rights apply to the person who may have legal responsibility to make decisions regarding medical care on your (the patient’s) behalf.
- Exercise the above rights without regard to sex, cultural, economic, educational, religious background, or the source of payment for your care.
When faced with needing surgery it’s important to consider all of your options. There are numerous benefits to having surgery in an outpatient ambulatory surgical center like Atlanta General and Bariatric Surgery Center (AGBSC). The outpatient or ambulatory surgery centers allow a patient to undergo surgery without being admitted to the hospital. You and your surgeon will decide if outpatient surgery is right for you, but these centers offer alternatives for those needing less invasive or more routine procedures.
Our surgery center has a fully trained surgical staff to assist you before, during and after your surgery at the center. Once your surgery is complete, you will spend time recovering at the center before returning home, where you can complete your recovery in a more comfortable environment.
Atlanta General & Bariatric Surgery Center located in Johns Creek, GA, attracts patients from all over the metro Atlanta area and beyond including Marietta, Roswell, Lawrenceville, Duluth, and Alpharetta, GA. Our board certified surgeons, Dr. Christopher J. Hart, Dr. William H. Johnson, Dr. Michael Williams or Dr. Brendon Curtis medical procedures or surgeries that do not require an overnight stay.